Multi Combination Licence Course
What is a heavy combination truck?
A motor vehicle with more than one trailer.
RTO number: 103554
Duration: Two days
Mode of delivery: Face to face
Two Day Course
- Linfox employees – $1200
- External participants – $1500
*One on-road retest allowed at an agreed nominated time at no extra charge.
VicRoads Licence Fee
- Fee payable to VicRoads only for the variation of Driver Licence – $32.60*
*Participants who successfully complete this course are required to make payment on their last day to receive their interim licence. Therefore, participants are required to bring along a credit/debit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
This course provides theory and practical training to learn skills and techniques to safely drive a multi-combination vehicle including vehicle handling skills, load restraint and on-road training in everyday driving conditions.
- Road laws
- Legal requirements
- Approved B-Double routes
- Pre-drive check
- Cabin check
- Slow speed manoeuvring
- Starting and stopping sequence
- Demonstration drive
- City and highway driving
- System of vehicle control
- Defensive driving wheel tracking, turning and handling.
Statement of attainment:
Participants have the option for further training, that is Nationally Recognised, enabling additional knowledge and skills. Those who successfully complete the additional training and assessment will gain further knowledge and skills about operating a multi-combination vehicle and receive a statement of attainment in TLILIC3018 Licence to drive a multi-combination vehicle.
- Must have held an Australian heavy combination or a heavy rigid licence for at least 12 months
- Meet the medical requirements under the Assessing Fitness to Drive (AFTD) Guidelines