Applications for the 2022 program are now closed, but this page will be updated once the 2023 applications are open.
Imagine being part of a 24/7, 365-day-a year industry that delivers everything that makes life run smoothly. That’s what we do at Linfox – and on our 24-month Graduate Program, you’ll discover just how much a career in logistics can deliver for you.
More than just trucks and warehouses
Linfox is Asia Pacific’s largest privately-owned logistics company. Everyday our multinational team delivers food, medicines and resources in 10 countries. With over 190 sites across Australia and New Zealand, employing more than 24,000 people across Asia Pacific, you’ll see what it’s like to work with an iconic Australian business.
What’s in the box?
You can look forward to a first-class grounding in one of the fastest growing industries, including:
- Rotations at different sites across Australia
- A mentor during the program
- A wide range of career development opportunities and ongoing support
- Work with leaders in the logistics industry to keep the world moving
- Learning and development opportunities
- Exposure to the entire supply chain network
- A company-wide commitment to safety.
What do I need to apply?
You will need to:
- Have completed your undergraduate degree between 2017 and end of 2020.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (including New Zealand citizens) at the time you apply
- Have a current driver’s licence and access to a vehicle when you start
- Be excited about the opportunities in the logistics industry.
Can you lead the way?
We are looking for the leaders of tomorrow, who have what it takes to keep us ahead of the competition. If you are resourceful, flexible and looking for a career that can take you places, we want to hear from you.
As a graduate, you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of business areas including commercial, continuous improvement, project management, information technology, fleet and safety and hands-on experience in transport, warehousing and distribution.
Where to next?
Scroll down to see what our graduates say about their experiences in our program or contact us via email email@example.com.
Our application process
Our graduate application process involves the following steps:
- Online application
- Video interview
- Panel interview
- Pre-employment checks
Graduate Program FAQs
Here are the answers to the questions we get asked the most. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, contact our Emerging Careers Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many graduates do you accept each year?
We take around 15 to 20 graduates through the Linfox Graduate Program. These numbers are subject to business needs.
What do you look for in a graduate?
We take on graduates from a diverse range of disciplines, but mainly from business, commerce, logistics, law, economics, finance, accounting and information technology.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about a career in logistics and have an interest in operations management, transport, warehousing and distribution.
We also look for the following qualities in our Linfox graduates:
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Ability to work with and lead all levels of operators
- Total commitment to safety
- Commitment to learning and personal development
- Respect for our drug and alcohol policies
- Courage to step out of your comfort zone.
Am I eligible for the program?
To be eligible, you must have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- Current drivers licence and own vehicle when you start
- An Australian or New Zealand tertiary qualification (minimum of a Bachelor Degree) completed from 2017 onwards
- Minimum of a year’s work experience in any industry.
What can I expect?
Our two-year development program consists of four rotations across different business units. These will help you develop core operational skills. Because logistics is a fast-paced environment with operations running around the clock, it’s important to know that at times you may not work in a standard 9 to 5 role.
What support will I get?
We’ll provide you with ongoing support right the way through the program including:
- Induction in Melbourne
- Operational and senior mentors to provide coaching and guidance
- Buddy allocated from our graduate alumni
- Contact with site and operations managers to help with development and relationship building
- Annual development conference
What about my career development?
As a graduate, your ongoing development is as important to us as it is to you.
We provide you with learning and development opportunities to equip you with industry knowledge and leadership skills to transition into an ongoing role at the end of the program.
You’ll be supported by your Emerging Careers Manager, your mentors, your buddy and your rotational managers to find your ideal role in Linfox. In addition, you’ll also get exposure to contacts across three separate business units who will provide you with the skills to transition to a permanent role.
Recent graduates have gone into roles including shift supervisors, operations managers, transport schedulers, commercial analysts, supply chain analysts and transport managers.
And of course, no matter where you are on your Linfox career journey, you’ll always have access to a wide range of personal and professional development options through our 24-hour online development portal, Linfox College.
Where will I be based?
With almost 200 sites around Australia and four rotations, you can expect to be based in several different locations during the program, in your respective state. If you are seeking rotations in other states, this may also be possible. Our sites are typically in the outer suburbs so you may need to travel for your role.
You’ll get hands-on experience across our transport, warehousing and distribution operations and work with iconic customers in the Consumer and Healthcare, Intermodal, Resources and Industrial, Government and Defence and Retail sectors.
When will I hear about my application?
We’ll be in touch directly after you submit your application. Our recruitment process typically runs from March to June and we’ll keep you advised of your progress at each stage of the process. If you’re successful, you can expect an offer around July or prior. Good luck!
Do you offer a vacation or internship program?
We will be offering a vacation/internship program. This program will commence early December 2021 and finish late February 2022. Applications will open in August 2021. Please visit our contact page to submit and enquiry.
Past and present graduates are strong advocates of the program and many have gone on to enjoy successful senior careers at Linfox.
Hear it first from the following graduate success stories: