As many Australians face unemployment and uncertainty during the COVID crisis, Linfox is making every effort to keep people in jobs, leveraging the skills of its team in other parts of the business and recruiting new employees to meet increased demand.
“It is ‘all hands-on deck’ in our busiest operations, while we redirect talent and fleet from parts of the business that are experiencing downturns,” said CEO Linfox Logistics Australia and New Zealand, Mark Mazurek.
“Linfox has also created new roles, from operations managers to pickers and drivers. The business welcomed new employees from industries severely impacted by the COVID crisis, offering new hope to many who were out of work,” said Mark.
“We are so proud of the hard work and dedication of all our teams.
We appreciate this is a tough time for our people, as many continue to balance work with family commitments while ensuring essential supplies reach our customers.”
- A dedicated COVID-19 online support hub with safety resources, educational materials, Toolbox Talks and FAQs
- Significant re-deployment, recruitment, onboarding and induction of team members, largely managed remotely
- Team member support, particularly for parents and carers with flexible work arrangements
- Adapting the Linfox Learning Portal for new team members to complete induction and compliance training online
- New finance processes to ensure accounts receivable, payable and payroll functions continued to operate smoothly
- Connecting and supporting managers and team members for success while working from home
- Online tools like Microsoft™ Teams used for audio and video meetings
- Additional IT training, information packs, support and security awareness
- Guidance for those managing remotely for the first time.
As keg deliveries to pubs and clubs effectively ceased during lockdown, BevChain keg drivers Will Martin and Josh Clenshaw (above) transitioned to retail liquor deliveries.
This involved additional training in a tautliner vehicle, site standard operating procedures and new manual handling equipment.
Other Linfox team members showed resilience and adaptability in the face of COVID-19 as they adjust their day-to-day routines both at work and home.