Graduate Program FAQs
You ask, we answer
Here are the answers to the questions we get asked the most. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, then take a look at our Graduate Profiles or contact our Graduate and Cadet Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
How many graduates do you accept each year?
We take on 15 to 20 graduates through the Linfox Graduate Program, so competition is strong. But then, you love a challenge!
What do you look for in a graduate?
We take on graduates from a diverse range of disciplines, from business and logistics to agricultural science – and even zoology. The key thing is that you are passionate about a career in logistics and have an interest in operations management, transport, warehousing and distribution.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Ability to work with and lead all levels of operators
- Total commitment to safety
- Commitment to learning and personal development
- Respect for our drug and alcohol policies
- Courage to step out of your comfort zone
To be eligible, you must have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- Current drivers licence and own vehicle when you start
- An Australian or New Zealand tertiary qualification (minimum of a Bachelor Degree) completed from 2015 onwards
- Minimum of one year’s work experience in any industry.
Our 24- month development program is made up of four rotations across different business units. These will help you develop core operational skills. Because logistics is a fast-paced environment with operations running around the clock, it’s important to know that you may not work in a standard 9 to 5 role.
We’ll provide you with ongoing support right the way through the Program including:
- Induction in Melbourne.
- Operational and senior mentors to provide coaching and guidance
- Buddy allocated from our graduate alumni
- Contact with site and operations managers to help with development and relationship building
- Annual development conferences
As a graduate, you are a future leader at Linfox, so your ongoing development is as important to us as it is to you.
We provide you with a structured learning and development framework to equip you industry knowledge and the leadership management skills to transition into an ongoing role at the end of the program.
With 250 sites around Australia and four rotations, you can expect to be based in several different locations during the Program. Our sites are typically in the outer suburbs so you may need to travel for your role.
When will I hear about my application?
We’ll be in touch directly after you submit your application. Our interview process typically runs from April to August and we’ll keep you advised of your progress at each stage of the process. If you’re successful, you can expect an offer from August onwards. Good luck!